Monday, January 15, 2018

Resolutions - Updated

Originally published on 1/2/18; updated 1/15/2018; updated again on 6/4/2018. 

I recall a New Year's list I made back in 2003.  I was 16 and had lofty goals. Among the goals I accomplished on that list were: eat more exciting cheeses, learn to drink tea properly, learn my prayers in Latin. A goal I did not master were becoming ambidextrous and getting into a yoga routine, although the attempt at both did set up some good habits overall.

I tend to do well on my resolutions when I mix serious with fun and throw in things I know I need to do anyway. Unless there's an outside deadline, I don't really make deadlines. This is how a Rebel does resolutions.

Here's to 2018:
  • Pass the AICP Exam (Deadline: May) PASSED. Thanks be to God. 
    • Need to carve out study time. 
  • Switch from browsing Instagram to reading books in the quiet part of the evening when Reed goes to sleep.
  • Rearrange the house to get my office space back + combine sleeping spaces to the big bedroom DONE! 1/8/18
  • Get into my long-sought after Friday Habit Still want to do this, but I need to figure out how to get me to do it. I hate sorting photos.
    • Organize my digital photos, files, and links each Friday
    • Clear off my desk and follow up on any paperwork
    • Then have a screen-less evening
  • Learn 3 new, everyday hairstyles. Still working on it. 
  • Don't take on new debt Fail. Car repairs, plus a wedding I agreed to be before in set me back. 
  • Do InCoWriMo in February Still 14 letters in the whole. Will reply and finish, but letters take time and I don't like sending out crap. 
  • 100 Species Project (April - October)
    • This takes care of less specific "get outside"
  • Go mushrooming (May, post AICP)  Overlapped with AICP studying; poor mushrooming year anyway, due to weather.
  • Do an overnight trip by myself. Bachelorette party night from March does not count.
  • Get to Aire Ancient Baths This might be bumped, due to costs. I did do a float tank, thought, which was close but not the same. 
  • Get to a place where I'm consistently doing 3 cardio workouts per week Still doing poorly
  • Get a good morning routine established Holding steady, need to work on getting up (and going to bed) at a consistent time. 
    • Goals: make and clean up from breakfast (don't leave dishes for Brian), do a 10-15 minute Pilates or yoga routine 

No comments:

Post a Comment