Thursday, November 9, 2017

31

I had modest goals for my birthday. I made waffles this morning and the beauty of waffles is that there's always enough for the next day.  I wanted to make a Bakewell Tart but needed ingredients. Alas -- the weather was frigid and the wind was biting. I didn't feel like bundling myself and the kid and trudging to the store. The day slipped into a malaise -- my own fault, we really should have gone outside -- and only turned around mentally after I talked on the phone with my dad for a half hour. The messages that rolled in from friends cheered me, too. Facebook's good for something, it turns out. 

I ran errands when Brian came home. Picked up some sausage to accompany my roasted root dinner, washed it down with brut apple cider. The lack of tart caused me to buy a slice of cake, of which I ate half. I will devour the rest tomorrow during nap time. I will still make the tart this weekend.

I wanted to write more about goals I have for the year ahead -- figure out hairstyles that aren't the three I usually do, remember friends' birthdays, plant a tea garden, figure out how to finish that writing project I've been picking at for six years -- but I also had a work report to finish up.  Dragged my feet but finished.  Ergo, posting this at 12:55am on November 10th and back dating it to the 9th. 

31 trips around the sun completed. Here's getting to 32!

No comments:

Post a Comment