Friday, November 3, 2017

Live from the floor of my hotel room

Warning: rambles.

I'm writing in the dark waiting for my hair to dry out enough to go to bed.  I spent the better part of two hours this evening coaxing an overstimulated toddler to sleep, and then lay in bed with him until I was sure he was out, then put him in his pack and play.  I thought for a moment that maybe we'd bed share tonight, something we very rarely do, but there's the other part of me that thinks it's great to have the bed to myself.  Still, it was a very sweet moment to have him asleep next to me, clutching my shirt with one hand and touching my face with the other.  

Another thing I forget about going out of town is the "whatever" moment -- the moment where it's past the point to act on whatever good ideas you had in the weeks, days leading up to taking off.  I was pretty sure I was going to vacuum before I left home, and suddenly it was 10:30 a.m. and we still weren't in the car. Whatever, I'll do it later.  Brian mentioned perhaps buying new shoes to wear for the wedding since he's in it, but the wedding is tomorrow, so whatever, just wear the ones I brought.

Every wedding I go to I remain grateful to have eloped. 

This might also be the earliest I've gone to bed all week and there's the added bonus of being freshly showered.  Plus my husband is stuck at his parents' house prepping flowers, and will be there all night, so there's a king size bed with my name on it. 

Ha cha cha. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes. I wish I had eloped. Or done the opposite of what you are "suppose" to do at a wedding. Agree so very wholeheartedly. Amy @hearthridgereflections

    ReplyDelete