Monday, November 6, 2017

A Break

Good things from the weekend:

  • The wedding itself went well. My husband had lots of fun, an adjective he does not often use, and the baby was his charming self for large parts of the day. 
  • Sarah and Duck. I have been rather good about limiting screen time, but every now and then I need something to distract and entertain, particularly when stuck in a hotel room. God bless the BBC and this wonderful children's show it produces -- it is quiet, creative, and clever. The episodes are 10 minutes each, which is perfect. It's magical without being annoying or ridiculous. In the first few episodes, Sarah and Duck plant some shallots, bake a cake, and visit Scarf Lady's wool stash. Sounds like a normal weekend around these parts. 
  • I took two naps on Sunday.
  • And then I went to bed at 9:30 on Sunday night.
I was not kidding about being wiped out. 

Good things from today:
  • I love him I love him I love him but oh my goodness going to work this morning was a welcome respite from child care. 
  • Brian took the day off and did both day care drop off and pick up. He is also doing bedtime tonight while I am hiding out at a cafe, under the guise of working and planning. 
  • The work project I was ready to commit my entire week to is going...quicker than expected? I'll save my delight at its efficiency until Wednesday, when it will leave my hands. 
  • Scheduled baby-sitter time for myself on Thursday afternoon. It might be spent working, it might be spent writing fiction. At any rate, I do not really care how I spend it. I'm just excited it's there. 
I am being hard on myself about taking a break from the kid.  Did Ma Ingalls ever leave Pa on his own with the girls so Ma could go complain on the Internet?  No, but I'm fairly certain she would have if given the chance. I am not the martyr type.

No comments:

Post a Comment